For the first time ever on the west coast, a beverage package is available for purchase for the GCFAM. The Groove Cruise Cabo 2018 drink package has been made available to make budgeting a bit easier for those sailing on next year’s west coast event.
How much is it? $89 per person, per day, plus 18% (or 20%?) gratuities and taxes. A test booking shows the total as $427.20. Is it worth it? That depends. I did some math on the drink package for Groove Cruise Miami 2018 here, so you can follow that thought process and see if the Groove Cruise Cabo 2018 drink package is worth it to you.
You can purchase this when you make your reservation or add it on later if you decide it’s worth it. Prices for the package may increase as the event approaches.
Groove Cruise Cabo 2018 drink package
Let’s see what you get:
- Cocktails / Spirits / Liqueurs / Beer (bottled or draft)
- Wines by the glass
- Fountain soda and juice
- Non-alcoholic beer
- Package includes any single beverage item with a value up to $15. Any items over $15 will receive an $15 discount and the guest will be charged the difference to their account.
- Plus! Receive a 20% discount will be given to bottles of wine (champagne and sparkling included) purchased on board.
- Does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, Lavazza Coffee beverages, Wine Dispenser, energy drinks or vending machines.
And here are some of the terms and conditions:
- EVERY PERSON IN THE STATEROOM MUST PURCHASE THE BEVERAGE PACKAGE (NCL POLICY).
- If guests are staying in same cabin but with separate onboard accounts, both would still need to purchase the beverage package.
- Beverage packages must be purchased for ALL guests staying within the same stateroom or additional or adjoining staterooms under the same payment method regardless of whether guests drink alcohol or not.
- Beverage package must be purchased for the entire length of the sailing.
- Must be purchased in advance with Whet Travel or onboard the first day of sailing only. Not available for purchase during NCL’s online check-in. Prices may be higher onboard.
- Full payment is due at the time of booking.
- Open Bar Beverage Packages do not include souvenir mugs/cups/glasses, so you should inform the server to get the drink without the souvenir cup if you want to avoid the extra service charge for the cup.
- Sharing drinks on the Open Bar Beverage Packages is strictly prohibited.
- Your Open Bar Beverage Package purchase is non-refundable.
- Last day to pre-purchase the Open Bar Beverage Package is one week prior to sailing (October 3, 2018).
For the most accurate terms, be sure to refer to all of the T&C’s laid out in the reservation system when you make your drink package purchase.
Whet Express Pass & Captain’s Cocktail Parties
Like the Groove Cruise LA and Groove Cruise Miami sailings, Groove Cruise Cabo offers the GCFAM the ability to purchase a Whet Express Pass. This pass provides some convenience when boarding and disembarking among other benefits. You can even combine it with access to the Captain’s Cocktail Parties.
Here’s what the Whet Express Pass gets you:
- Expedited Check-in
- First to Board
- Stateroom Ready Upon Boarding
- Priority Debarkation
- Priority Line at Guest Services Desk
- Laminated Souvenir Lanyard
The Captain’s Cocktail Party combo includes:
- All Whet Express Benefits above
- Access to two (2) exclusive Captain’s Cocktail Parties on different nights
- One Hour Open Bar at both events
You can purchase these when booking or, if you already booked, you can log into your Whet Travel account and add it to your reservation. These passes are limited, so if you’re interested, scoop them up now.